Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Friday, October 24, 2014

OUT ON THE COLD



I stood out on the cold waiting for you
Couldn't find the joy I get when am with you
I could lite a bonfire, but my heart it can't keep warm
Not when it can't find you around at dawn
It's not perfect a world without you
The sun can't make the day brighter without you
Just as stars, the night will not be beautiful without you
Only in you will I find what the heart seek
Only in you does one get the feeling of a heart beat
It bears an everlasting love that comes with the warmth of your smile
Out on the cold I need stay until I hold you in my arms
I have got nothing in this world that gives the heart joy
But the love and affection found in your bosom alone
I will keep my heart open forever waiting for you


© Akan Udofia A.

No comments:

Post a Comment