Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

I REMEMBER



I remember as a child chasing after my dreams
I remember how excited it get each morning
Walking down the corridor to my classroom at kindergarten
I remember the fun of playing on the field and chasing bees 
I remember mom's special Sunday dinner and the joy of holding my bible to church
I remember the time I used to fly kites over the roof
Mom was always running out of threads, I was always running out of line
I remember my first ride on a bicycle and the bruises on my ankle
I remember watching snails crawl underneath potatoes planted in my garden
I remember my first day in high school, the urge to want to explore the world
I remember how shy I was asking a girl out on a first date
I remember broken moms precious plates and the beaten I got afterwards
I remember life and the choices I made
How I have become a grown man with responsibilities and care
I remember the colors of the moon, stars and the beauty of sun flowers
I remember you, for been a part of my life today
I remember God and thanked Him for helping me get to where I am this day


© Akan Udofia E. 

No comments:

Post a Comment