Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Monday, January 4, 2016

A SAD POEM




Papa wasn't home at my birth
All my life soaked in struggle
For a little child with no friend
Emotions locked in a closet

At eighteen my feelings broke free
I fell in love hoping my heart would heal
Thought the world would be different
But my heart got smacked really bad

I conceded to love, thought she would bring me joy
What I was afraid of was staring at my face
Rejection, betrayal, unloved and selfishness
A dark burden of clouds fell upon my heart

I sat the whole night sobbing
And watch the glimpse of sun fading
The world became resentful
Scrambling for the crumbs of life 

Mama told me it wasn't my fault
Yet pain and sorrow seems to follow me
Never did I knew my father
I learnt he is cruel, selfish, always beating  my mother

I have got no more conviction in me
Lost everything I once believed in
But the fate of an unwanted child
To the uncertainty and cruelty of man

My heart is bleeding, tears can't hold the pain
Like watching a movie of my life going down the drain
It's true life isn't perfect, I live in a world that's deserted
All my dreams washed under my feet

I accepted fate that day
That love will only bring me sad memories
For friends and family are long gone
Don't know how it feels like to be hugged

For you mama, I will stay strong
Walk with you even if I can't find love
All I've got left is me, a pen and a little piece of paper
In grieve I wrote the heart to sleep, a sad poem

All right reserved © Akan E. Udofia 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment