Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Friday, January 19, 2018

DO NOT LET ME GO



If truly you love me 
Do not let me go 
I might be from out of town 
I might be out of my mind

But the language of love is the same 
When ever it reaches out from the heart 
It might be through a song 
Or by coincidentally bumping into you 

Last time I recalled 
You are not afraid of making a call 
But seems to be selling yourself short 
Don't tell me you are afraid of commitment 

Please don't let me go back home 
Broken, sad and on my own 
No one can understand 
The way you make me feel 

Imagine a queen with a sad crown 
Going through a miserable night 
Life will be terribly alright 
Not able to find you by my side 

Why do you make me cry? 
Why can not I fall in love with you?
What is wrong if you take me home tonight 
Our relationship don't need to have a perfect start 

Hey boy, do not take me for a flirt 
Not everyone can control there feelings 
All I am asking is to be with you 
Please, don't send me back home tonight 

 All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment