Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Thursday, January 4, 2018

BEFORE YOU JUDGE ME



I don’t know what I did
For dad to walk out on me
Before my first birthday
It hurts me everyday in my dream

What am I supposed to do?
To justify that the world is not mean
This is a burden I tried to get rid off
For I never knew love

She is a stranger to me
What is a happy family supposed to be?
Before I could have a life, it was already over
Maybe because I am prone to anger

Makes me to be naive
I wonder if I would live long
Enough to have my own kids
I have been on the street since I was five

I was forced to be a man
No one around to lend a helping hand
They told me keep away from stress
How could I when the sky is always clouded

If you really want to help me
Then do the right thing
But if you cannot, please shut up
And let me be

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment