Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Monday, January 22, 2018

WHAT DO YOU GET WHEN YOU FALL IN LOVE?





The day I met Ibinabo, I fell in love without holding back
Our relationship looks promising, life was sunny and bright
Then the distance came and never left
Now I am so lonely in the dark, cannot find daylight

I met this girl Yetunde, told me she is a virgin, I should be patient
I could swear I took her for an angel, ignored everything my friends said
I trusted her, not until I saw her divorce paper hidden in her luggage
Two kids and out of wedlock, is too hard to comprehend

I sponsored Amaka through college until she graduated
My home and everything I had, to her I gave two third
The next day she started acting funny and keeping late night
She tells me sorry darling, you are not educated

There is this girl I met in church, proposed to her, wedding invitations all set
I had a stressful day at work, thought I go back home for comfort
There she lies in my bed sleeping with my best friend
It is the devil she says, your feelings I never meant to hurt

The world I have come to know is dead
I can't find love anymore; it is no use thinking about it
Pain, rejection and betrayal is all I get
I swear, I will never fall in love again until my death

I tried but there is not enough love in this world
Nothing I do makes a difference to change a girls mind
Not to put my trust on anyone, regretfully I have decided
It is better that way, if I want to keep what is left in my heart

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment