Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Sunday, February 18, 2018

DO YOU MIND IF I STILL LOVE YOU?



The past relationship we had is an awful story
Building on a foundation made of plastic
It crumbles when the wind comes at nightfall
I hurt you, do not know what I was thinking

Believe me when I say I am ready to learn how to love
I am not the same man once used to be
I have swallowed my pride and ready to cry
I have realized you are all that I need

Would you allow me to kiss you?
There is nothing I could do to cover your scar
Look at your mirror, do you see me in your heart
Because I am right here

Can I take you for a ride out of here?
It is better if you could the pain let go
I found out the way I showed that I care was stupid
I should not have gambled with your feelings

Every day it is you I am thinking off
My heart, car and home, I would let you have
Every foolish behavior and wrongful words said
Give me a moment, let me make it right

You are the first true love I knew
What need I do to re-write this love
Please babe, do not allow my plea amount to nothing
Because I am still in love with you

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment