Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Sunday, April 28, 2019

CHASING DREAMS


I have been all my life chasing dreams
But never knew how high dreams can fly
Doubt creep into my mind and stole my wings
I was as sad a broken butterfly

Somehow I found the inner strength to move on
Be bold irrespective of the difficult tide
One day I know I am going to be home again
And my dreams will reach above the sky

Only the weak hearted are sad always
They keep looking right back to the past
Right ahead of us is where the future lies
I do not expect life's journey to forever be smooth

They told me to pull over, my destination is a dead end
But I have made up my mind to feel no fear
I want to become somebody rarified
I will work hard until my strips is earn

Champions do not give up in the middle of the fight
They plan, strategize, and make a way in a barren situation
Wake up the next day relentless and bold
In the darkness they are the light

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment