Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

CONTENTION


While the night lies
Tiny drops of water slipped through my mind
The stars had an early nap
Life felt ample quiet after the rain

Exempted to the sound of my heartbeat
Which insisted we stay up late
To have a chance to kiss the night goodbye
A habit I have become accustomed to

The wind is pretty tonight
Maybe it is because the moon asked her out
I could tell, the moment she would not stop talking
So I shutdown the window blinds

With disguise I was already feeling sleepy
But for a moment I felt jealous
I was spending the night alone
Just had a broken relationship

This left me vexatious, as I try to curtail my emotion
At one point, I wished it was a bad dream
I would not have to hide my heart under the pillow
So no one would get to notice

How lonely and miserable life could be
But this is not about holding back my feelings
Not about the complexity of the human mind
But the true perception of an imperfect life

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment