Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Friday, June 15, 2018

BANDIT ON THE RUN



Oh baby sister
I can not believe you are gone
Last night I saw a falling star
Drifting away from the sky before dawn

In nature, we were opposite 
Yet perfect together in every match
You were like a mother to me indeed
Always conscious of the things I need as much

First it was Ini, my beloved brother
I knew from that moment
My world came to an end before september
If not, how can I return back to sanity?

You knew I was ready to fight for you until the end
Why did you have to go without saying goodbye
Why did you had to let go my hand
I am as guilty as a murderer, watching you slip by

My regrets can not bring you out of the sand 
Please allow me to wander endlessly
Is this the best life got to offer to a weary mind?
The moment you went away, I lost my insanity 

This bring back pain to an already inflicted heart 
Wish I could borrow your smile 
Your smile is the only thing that makes me happy tonight
It is difficult for me, but I had to say goosbye

All Rights Reserved ©Akan Udofia 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment