Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Saturday, June 30, 2018

STOP TELLING ME LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

DEDICATED TO THE VICTIMS OF TANKER EXPLOSION IN LAGOS, NIGERIA @ OTEDOLA BRIDGE ON 29TH JUNE, 2018.




How can one measure such grief
The brutal demise that fell upon us
As the flame burn high above the sky
The sun could not wipe away the tears in our eyes

She also fell down on her knees and cry
For many, the world came to an abrupt end 
But how much torture must a child go through?
Before we come to aknowledge that life is awkward 

I can not imagine how it feel
Knowing that a beloved father is gone
The sudden sadness over losing ones best friend
The tragedy of a mother whose child has become an orphan 

How can I go to sleep tonight?
Knowing another day will pass by without your smile
I will be broken and miserable the rest of my life
The burden is too enormous to bear

It is disheartening when the news broke last night
It is so sad, I wanted badly to die with you
The pain is tearing my world apart
Life I knew and cherish is now in disarray

I was born to believe life is beautiful
But someone took out the diamond in the sky
It is wrong to assume I would again find love by my side
Who is going to fix the things life has broken?

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment