Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

THE DAY OF THE LORD



Oh Lord, I plead the blood of Jesus 
Please hear my humble cry
In your infinite mercy, forgive us
Cause not the souls to perish and die

For generations you have been faithful
To man despite his insipid nature of mind
We broke our vows, yet despised you
For a mere piece of silver, the house of God turned blind

The prophecies of old are upon us
We mock the grace of God, slaughtered one another
The church of God is not as sacred
But a refuge for thieves and a muderer

In the clouds I see your glory 
I will serve thee because you love me
My song of praise, your amazing grace will be
You have giving life to me, I will praise thee

Tonight as I lay on my bed to sleep
I confess my sins to be washed away
I forsake every act unclean in my heart
When the trumpet sound, Lord take me away

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment