Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Sunday, June 17, 2018

WALKING THE DISTANCE


It sounded easy at first
When told I will grow up to be a man
As a kid I never knew how far the journey
The distance I had to walk through  to get here

Coming home late from work
Exhausted yet able to spare some love
This and other sacrifices you made that can never die
I had the best gift any child could ever ask

Always supporting my dream since I was a little child
It is true there is no sacrifice without pain
I learnt to take responsibility for my actions
Grateful you allowed me in my youth to make mistakes

I realized the best place you can find love
Is laying in your arms at home
It didn't take me quite a while
To appreciate what it means to have a father's smile

You are there when I needed someone to talk you
Today I made a promise in my heart
To teach my kids never to despise God
To be patient, understanding, deciplined 

Learn to forgive when been hurt
Life is sorounded with many stars
But a humble heart will shine even brighter
Thank you for not holding back your love

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment