Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Saturday, December 9, 2017

NUMBER ONE



When I was a teenager
I used to get all dressed up
Put on the best of cloths
When me and girl are hanging out

Wanted everything to perfect
I only got one golden moment
I knew if I look good
No one else would stand a chance

Back then love was not stereotyped 
A guy needs to be smart
If he wants a attract the right girl
Conscious of the things she loves

Just so that he can impressed her 
He writes a romantic love note
A token of gift to show he appreciates her
He would not take her love for granted

But nowadays, love has lost her essence
So much frustrated relationships 
Every where I turned, I see broken homes
It is frustrating that no one seem to care

When a man appreciates and love a woman
Winter never comes between his feelings
True love can withstand any weather 
As long the heart and mind is one

Can you truly look your girl in the eyes?
With not a charming but sincere smile
Can you say girl, I will always be by your side
You are my number one

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment