Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

SLIPPED AND FALL





Every time I slipped and fall 
I pull myself up together 
Stumbled upon a world chastened 
Mud on my face, tattered cloth 

 A wall stood at the edge of my faith 
Compromising everything I believed 
The world tries to destroy me 
But could not get the best of me 

The stream of life Reflecting on my awful past 
Enemies mocked me, so does fools 
Thought when I fall
I will be doomed 

It was easy to prove them wrong 
For someone walking with a burning will
Through storm and tempest 
Defeat completely denied 

The devil tried to take my soul away 
A thousand fools surrounded me 
From the east comes a strong wind 
My strength renewed from heaven  

The scars I got from brutal bruises 
Could not hinder the brightness of the stars
I slipped and fall but never give up 
For on God foot I stand 

 All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment