Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Thursday, August 14, 2014

DEAR GOD



I come to you as the weaker version of me
For long my heart has been fragile
It couldn't hold on to your words
You watch over me through the clouds everyday
Your blessings I see as many as the stars each day
When life was hard, you wiped away the tears when I am sad
I am sorry I didn't believe and trust in my life your will
I got carried away by the lust of an unjust world
I was looking for a crown to cover my shortcomings
Please, help me Lord to overcome my fears
Give me courage to confront the challenges of life
Water the seeds you planted in me and cause them to grow
Use me as a vessel to uplift the broken hearten
Because of you my joy is always rising
I am grateful you loved me despite the imperfection in me
I will give everything I've got to your glory
Thank you for bringing out the best in me


© Akan Udofia E.

No comments:

Post a Comment