Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Thursday, August 14, 2014

I DON'T



I don't know how to say I love you
For I keep breaking my promises
I asked myself a thousand reasons
But couldn't find the right answer why
I couldn't leave in a world without you, for a part of me will die

The clouds can't fill up the feelings I have for you
Without you the world anymore wouldn't be beautiful
A touch of you is spilled on every portion in my heart
I could feel my heart burning eternity for you inside
The roses you planted in my heart will always remain blue

If for a reason we live in a world without light
Your smile will light up my whole feelings inside
Like a stream my emotions can never run dry
I can never love anyone else as close to how much I love you
It doesn't matter how much I try not to, I will still be in love with you


I wish I can turn the hand of time right now
Kiss your lips till the flowers in my heart run wide
I can never make up for the joy you filled in my life
I can never love you back equally for your love is divine
But carve in my heart your name so you'll forever stay in my life


© Akan Udofia E.

No comments:

Post a Comment