Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

I REALIZED



I realized that no one can fulfill my dreams
Alone I walked through the cold breeze in September
Searching for a path that lead the way home
No man can see the burden I carry deep down my heart
When the sea was stormy and I had to sail alone in the dark
The anchor I bear is hope and a piece of love I got from mom
I laid on the bare floor without a pillow or a blanket
Dreaming all through the night searching for love
A heart that understands the journey of a lonely sailor
All my life I held on to the lamp burning inside my heart
For I have made up my mind never to allow anything weigh me down
Today, I realized that a journey of a thousand mile starts from where I stood
All I need is to believe in me and the things in life that are worth fighting for
And anchor pieces of a memorable life filled with love this day and an everlasting smile

© Akan Udofia E.



No comments:

Post a Comment