Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Friday, August 22, 2014

DOWN THE ROAD



Down the road I have been
I have been on the street where prostitution and crime is at peak
I have been in midst of villages in tribal war, not peace
I have hide underneath the rocks from rebels
I am a fugitive from a family whom bears hatred and greed
I have been jailed in prison fighting for what I believe in
I have starved in the jungle at the hands of the captives
I have been cast out of the community for defying the faults of the gods
I have lost my possession to the men of the underworld
I have been forsaken by brethren I thought believed in God's words
I have been betrayed by my brothers and sisters
I have been shot at and chased by the enemies
At night the demon seek my soul that's hidden in God's closet
I have been left on the wilderness to die for decade
But the spirit within me can't be weighed down
The world can never take away my dignity and pride
When I found myself down the road, I get back on my feet whenever I fall
For every man got to know I carry in me a vessel
Destined for greatness to achieve in full


©Akan Udofia E. 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment