Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

BROKEN TRUST



On the night of July, the moon was lonely
For I let my emotion got the best of me
Selfishly, I let the love of a dear one slipped
My heart was weak; she caused an eternal trust to weep

I broke the promises made to you
I was callous and guilty of my sins in full
For this I can never forgive myself
My heart is convicted and confined in a cell

I get lost in heaven whenever am in your arms
For you were blessed with the hands of the gods
With you my dreams were all coming true
I am sorry despite this I took you for a fool

In my heart, I lighted a thousand candles praying
I couldn't sleep for the better half of me is dying
I am bleeding inside every second spent without you
I can't make it on my own in a world without you

Please can you spare me your heart?
Give me a little chance to make things right
I don't mind if I had to be a maid for you
The stars in my heart are no longer bright as it used to

Can you please take me to be your woman again?
I want the cloud between us to forever rain
So we can sail on the sea together the rest of our lives
I am not an angel, but I can be the sky in your life

For a broken trust will I do everything in my heart to mend in a way
I still want to be the one to make you smile everyday
I will give up everything I've got in this world away
If it will cost me another life to be in your arms again today


© Akan Udofia E.  2014

No comments:

Post a Comment