Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

VOICES IN MY HEAD

 


I keep hearing voices in my head
I hear voices of children in the motherless home
Who doesn't know how it feels to be loved and hugged by a father
I hear voices of the innocents, locked and perishing in the prison
I hear voices of the poor, hustling and wailing on the street everyday
I hear voices of patients dying in the hospital due to neglects
I hear voices of virgins raped, molested and deprived of her womanhood
I hear voices of soldiers killed every day on the field fighting a war man can never win
I hear voices of a mother abused by her husband that's supposed to protect her in her home
I hear voices in the night of the many souls lost and buried in the grave
I hear voices of conscience of the oppressed afraid to speak up not to be maimed
I hear voices of a world polluted and destroyed by human for selfish interest and gain
I heard a voice tell me in my heart that if only man will believe
God is willing and able to give him an eternal joy and a new life to live


© Akan Udofia E.  2014

No comments:

Post a Comment