Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

CANDLES IN MY HEART




I lite candles in my heart
Each to show how much I treasure you
If you want to run away, I will run away with you
If for a reason you are feeling blue
My bosom will always be there for you
When you are lonely I will be there to hug
And hold you till you feel brand new
When you are sad, I will lend you my shoulder to rely on
If at night you can't sleep, I will sing you a lullaby
If the world is dark all around you
I will light a smile to make your day beautiful
If you're cold at night, I will be your blanket to keep you warm
If the sky in your life is out of reach
I will fetch a bucket of stars for your wish to come true
I want to leave memories of me forever in your heart
Until you draw the last breath of life, I will be a part
For you I lite a billion candles in my heart
So I will never ever be far away from you if that's alright


© Akan Udofia E.

No comments:

Post a Comment