Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Thursday, December 10, 2015

STORY OF MY LIFE





I was a little boy born without a silver spoon
Sat upon my dream as she struggle to survive
The world seems to be lonely just as I was
We sat by the hill figuring each others thought

One night, the wind whispered to me
Only if you believe can you thrive
I went to fetch for firewood as much can find
To burn away the misery of self doubt

I journeyed into the night
With zeal burning in my heart
Holding on to God's words stretched out
And cast my burden and fear out

In rainy nights, inasmuch as sunny days
My childhood missed the presence of the stars
Time was running faster than my dream
So I made a deal to be the best of self

Through college, trouble seems to find me
But never did I allow life to get the best of me
I light a lamp in my heart
Bought oil to fuel the flame inside

Every day am hustling the sun walks behind me
Stacks away doubts from an ambitious mind
As the ship set sail towards my dream
I found love and the warmest of a friend

I wrote my dreams on the brick of time
And slept off while the night was at her prime
Woke up in a world made of rubies
No more weariness in the heart

In a twinkling of an eye, life took a bow
My dreams became bolder and stronger
It climbed to the end of the ladder
And the sun stood still for ever

All Rights Reserved (c) Akan E. Udofia 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment