Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

ANGEL

(A Poem Inspired by
 Ankur Masih..... a Gospel Song Writer and Musician




I didn't grow up in the city
I was a little girl in love with the morning and stars
I used to read storybooks about angels
Never thought I would someday hear an angel sing

I was playing by the lawn at our backyard
I heard a voice so sweet, it made heaven fell on my feet
It felt like God came to visit us
So I ran my heart's out to catch a glimpse

Noticed mama was alone in the living room
Rocking her favorite chair, In front of her was a TV
Curious, I knew I heard a voice, unique but rare
It wasn't my birthday and Christmas is so far afar

Dad isn't around, and my best friend is out of town
I was so eager to figure out who it was
So I slipped in behind mama, my eyes caught something
I noticed a man gorgeously dress smiling back at me

It's like he knew I was coming as he sang one of my favorite song
In Christ alone my hope is found. He is my strength, my life, my song
As the words sink deep into my heart, mama gave me a grin
Said child, I feel in love the first time I heard him sing

All Rights Reserved (c) Akan E. Udofia 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment