Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Monday, December 21, 2015

WHERE AM I IN YOUR WORLD?

 



Everyday I drift further away from you
But my heart keeps growing stronger for you
There are times when I wish you are an angel
Hoping when I am fragile and lonely, you will be there 

I tried to tell you all my secrets, so I would hide nothing from you
Do you remember how you saw the imperfection in me, yet loved me
Don't get me wrong, I am not proud of the things I put you through
Truth is I don't deserve the right to be with you

I will gladly pay for the crime of not appreciating you
Can you forgive me and lend me a chance to make things right
I don't know whats going on in your mind

How come this days you have not been looking at the picture

Maybe I should have walked by a thousand times
So you can notice this much about my feelings for you
Since you walked out on me, life has never been the same
In my world, I have always pictured you to stay

 
I sometimes ask myself why the huge of having so much feelings for you
Yet I don't have the courage to tell you truly how I feel about you
It's not because I am scared of losing you
It's because I feel like a kid when ever I am around you

I am sitting out here on the staircase thinking about you
It's getting dark, I feel like holding your hands and hugging you
It's been raining all day in my life and I am cold
I really need you to be here with me to hold

You and I have been living under the same big cloud
Thoughts of seeing you make me feel good and proud
Sometimes I don't know what to believe in anymore
Maybe it's because I am lonely and looking for an alibi

Sometimes when I pick up the phone to call
I run short of words, I just say hello that I am checking up on you
I lied, I have wanted to tell you so much more about my feeling
Like how I missed watching you smile when you are walking 

Sometimes I look at your pictures, you are so pretty and full of life
I still want you to feel that way, we can make it work
It's true what they say, you don't know how valuable someone is
Until you missed them, but painfully I want you to be apart of my life


 All Rights Reserved (c) Akan E. Udofia 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment