Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Thursday, July 31, 2014

TWO BIRDS




You and I, two birds sitting on the branch of a tree
Contemplating if to fly above the world to see
Or sit under a pine tree and make love all through the summer
I always like to nest on the orange tree when not around you're 
I got a scent of you for the flowers are as beautiful
I could see the field of grains and a nest build for me and you
If it rains all through summer and your hands I can't hold
I will fly so high to fetch you a rainbow
To make your day memorable and colorful
I will pluck a bunch of lily flowers by the valley for you
So you and I can live in the world we both adore for ever
Every morning fly together to take a sip of a graceful day by the river
Something tells me all our dreams will come true
For when God created the world, He had plans me and you


© Akan Udofia E.  20014

No comments:

Post a Comment