Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Friday, January 24, 2014

GHETTO LOVE




Thinking of the days we used to fall in love
When I first meet you, you struck me like lightening
I was too shy to approach you
I was scared you were too good for me
But was astonish when you embraced me
Back then I used to get myself all dressed up
When or any time I want to come check up on you
Do you remember how I used to wait for you downstairs?
Whistle when I catch a glimpse of you at the balcony
So your dad wouldn't catch me waiting for you at the garden
I always brag about you when am with my friends
Some times when am waiting for you, I forget about my other ambitions
I concentrate all my feelings towards you
Then we never had phones, but somehow we find ways to communicate
I became keens with your neighbor’s kids
And more closer to your brothers so I can see you more often

Did you remember when your dad caught me one night?
He threaten hell out of me that night, he threaten to call the police
You were sobbing of your ordeal when he is done with me
I never told you my little secret that day
Though I was scared, but I wasn't scare because of your dad
Neither was scared of what he will do to me
I was scared that I might not see you again
I had a million flashes of what I went through for you
The sacrifices, the love and times I spent with you instead with friends
That I can’t afford to lose all that, not now nor ever
I wanted to write you a letter back immediately
To explain why we should stay strong for each other
But I didn't want you to have a quarrel with your dad
I have always wanted to see you happy and see you smile at all time
Am so discontent finding myself leaving all alone
Am doing well, but my wealth can’t give me back the love I had with you
That joy I had when I was spending time with you
Wherever you are right now, I hope that this letter finds you
I know you’ll probably be married right now
And if this letter finds you were ever you are
Can you do me a favor and keep this closer to your heart
And always remember that we once had a ghetto love    

No comments:

Post a Comment