Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Monday, January 27, 2014

MANY DAYS I HAVE BEEN ON MY KNEEL



Many days I have been on my kneel
Praying to God to Help Change how I feel
About our Country Nigeria and what our leaders keep putting us through
Man has missed so much in life, yet they take him for a fool
I have never taught a man can lose his birth right
We keep telling ourselves that things are going to be fine
Every day we pretend that we are going to be alright
Believing in our leaders that they will someday make things right
Helplessly I have watched our world been turned around
Innocent soul shading tears, Dreams all lost, have we all sinned
Life was so pretty growing up as a kid
Had so much good memories, had help whenever one is in need
I still remember the looks in my eyes
I was so anxious to grow, wanted to make sure I live all my dreams
We could feel love all around us, there was no reasons to fight
I don’t remember if anyone back then were poor
Though what we had wasn’t much, but it was enough to make a man smile
You can call a friend a brother and a stranger a friend
Life wasn’t suicidal, I recall how I used to walk back home late with ease
But you can’t try that now without look over your shoulder

Many day I have been on my kneel
I keep praying for our leaders, maybe someday they will wake up
From the lost of money, power and selfishness that has blinded them so long
We must stop lighting candles and depending on generator
We all deserve a light while walking in the dark
We’ve all got to have a will to keeping fighting back
Especially the pain of living in a country without jobs
How can they expect a man feed his families if he doesn’t have a job?
I thought our leader have been reading the Bible
Or are they telling us they have just one choice?
To gamble with our life, our resources, our health and wealth
Our birth right and everything else be believed inside
How long are we going to keep putting this felling aside?
It’s tearing us down; it’s time we do something about this
Get this burden off our heart once and for all
Everybody know we have been hurt deep inside
They got to stop trading our feelings the way they want
If there is no star in our cloud, we can always create one
Today we’ve got to put an end to this betrayal and fight back

Everyman deserve a good life, Because it is our fundamental right

No comments:

Post a Comment