Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Friday, January 24, 2014

SHATTERED HOPE





I am despair with the way life is
Last night I was content despite I didn't have enough to go by
Hoping today’s expectations will be better
But I am staving like am lost in a desert
Friends can’t help because we all are in the same mess
Its 10:00 pm, I look outside the window
Everywhere seems lovely, calm and so peaceful
One would not imagine anything disdain about it
But I am, am so hungry and weary that I can’t think properly
My hopes are fading away and I don’t know what to do
Though I knew when there is life that there will always be hope
Still I find it difficult looking myself at the mirror     
Because the reflection I see looks different
Worms in my stomach reminds me of their presence
I pay no attention because there’s nothing I can do about it
I look up hoping manna will fall
I look at the world if I can make bread out of it
If I can’t today, then what about tomorrow?
Am perplexed and troubled on every side  
My mind is feeble and body is weak
I still exercise faith as a patient dog
Hoping I will eat the fattest bone someday
But how long will I hope and contemplate
What will happen if i can’t help it anymore?


No comments:

Post a Comment