Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

MY HERO


In my heart you have always been my hero
At the break of dawn you are already awake
And work so hard to take care of me
You did not have the best job

But you always provide meal on the table
Took care of all the needs of the family 
I am sorry at my youth, I proved to be stubborn
I put you through much pain and embarrassment 

Thought I was keeping my pride
I never knew you wanted the best for me
But I am glad you did not spared the rod
It is what has guided me to become independent today

I know I have not been a good kid
You where patient, and knew I was going to come around
I never understood why you made reference to the past
Yet glad I listened; despite I did not understand

You taught me that we can make our own future
We all had a chance to fashion our goals
Towards achieving success in life 
Who will ever thought I will be writing a poem about you

Neighbors criticized me that I will amount to no good
Today their faces are filled with shame and disbelief 
Mouth locked for fear of self conviction
When they see me walking with my head up high 

Nothing I give back can compensate for your love
I can not repay back all the sacrifices you made for my sake
I am so sorry life has never been fair to you
You are my hero, the sun that shines in my dark life

I would have been lost if it had not been for you
Thank you for helping me to succeed in life
Because of you, I am proud to be a fulfilled man
I will forever love and cherish you dad

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment