Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Friday, February 14, 2014

I LEFT MY HEART IN ABUJA





The first time I set my eyes on you, was a picture you took on a staircase somewhere in Abuja
There was something unique about your smile
It caught my heart and it never let go
Then we meet in Lagos a couple of months later
For some reason the sun was shining brighter that day
I don't know how you did it, you somehow got completely hold of me
And I couldn't let go, my heart keeps yearning for you
And you had to travel back, I couldn't say goodbye because my heart didn’t want you to go
I used to overhear people talk about how beautiful the city Abuja is
A city that’s full of dreams, love, opportunities, hope and inspiration
I could only think of you, that’s the only direction the compass in my heart keeps pointing me to
To me, you are the rainbow that makes the whole city beautiful
Every day I want to go on a ride to meet and spend time with you
But I couldn't find the right time to make a trip to come see you
Days becomes weeks, weeks becomes months and I lose track of time
I only see you through a thin memory frame of the little precious time we spent together
I have always treasure the brief moment we spent together
My heart has always been in Abuja, that’s where I found you
Someday am going to embark on a journey, to spend the rest of my life with you
I can’t seems to find love elsewhere, because my heart is fond of you
I have been praying for a miracle, that's for my dreams to come true
I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you

With Love to the woman of my dream..... Ibinabo Bobmanuel

No comments:

Post a Comment