Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Monday, March 24, 2014

I AM GOING HOME



I have made up my mind that i am going home
I have been out working for years and got nothing to be proud of
It’s been so miserable living in a shame like i got nothing to live for
I can’t afford an apartment and can't afford a decent meal
Like the prodigal son, i want to go back home and have peace of mind
It's enough living an outward life; I’ve got families back home that care
I am going to be in good hands, i have got nothing to get my mind worried
I am not getting younger; my hope of getting a job is diminishing
I have tried everything i could think of, and am losing the zeal of life completely
I missed the love i enjoyed each day back home.
I missed the homely care, support and the laughter back home
Life is so difficult; i have lost my sense of judgment
I rarely find justice living in this world; if it does i know i can't afford one
I am already packed and ready to go back home
Do you want to come with me? There is no need to suffer anymore
I have got a plan to start life anew and make penance for my shortcoming
I am going home, i want to try and live like a man
This can't be too much to ask for one to live a decent life
I have to face life like a man and make it bow for me
For it is never too late to make it in life today or tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment