Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Monday, April 28, 2014

A STRANGER IN LOVE




I meet this girl walking down the street
There was something about her; I felt it in my heart immediately I saw her
The night was heavy but I couldn't resist the guilt in my heart
Just walking by when I had a million reasons to approach her
When I looked into her eyes, I saw heaven and the beauty therein
I could see the stars smiling through her eyes
I fell in love with her despite we were complete strangers out of the blue

When she smile the virtues in my heart got attracted to her
I have never felt like this since junior high
I don't know if it is right for me to have this feeling
Or if it's wrong for me to fall in love with her
For she is a stranger I meet out of the blue


I was staring at the moon and praying in my heart
I wished the moon had stayed a bit longer a forth night
There was so much I wanted to tell her to get my feelings right
So we can get to know each other more for a start
For I have fallen in love with her, a stranger I meet out of the blue

For a moment I still felt like a kid, I was excited all through the night
Wished I had a picture of her on my cell phone
I would have stared at her all through the night
Every night I shall walk by the path where we meet 
Maybe I will catch a glimpse of her again tonight
For I have fallen in love with her, a stranger I meet out of the blue
  

© Akan Udofia E.

No comments:

Post a Comment