Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Friday, April 25, 2014

I AM INDEBTED






You took all my burden and bear the pains for me
I could not have witness so many tomorrow
You lead my path, always walking ahead of me
I feel your presence as the cloud covers the sky above me
Sometimes you talked to me through the birds
They sing to me each morning when I look out my window
I still don't have a clue why you have been good to me
Not that I am special or born with a silver spoon
I have never had the privilege others did
But you allow the sun to shine so bright on me
I must have been heavenly ordained and not know about it
Maybe its the reason you have been playing the same old tune
I am glad I now understand how to dance to the tune
No wonder I smile when people around me are worried
I don't need self protection, I have got nothing to be afraid off
In my dreams I see your presence in the shadow
The future may be unknown, but I don't beat myself about tomorrow
I know with you it has already been taken care off
I can't start listing my blessings, it can't be contained in a book
I can't start to talk about them, because time will never be enough
I can only imagine myself in a sea of your love that runs dry
Today, I can stand upright and walk in midst a thousand enemies
They can't harm me for there weapons are carnal
For they can not withstand the test of time
If today I work for another 50 years
I still will not be able to pay back a quarter of what you have done for me
No amount of money can pay back what you did for me
I can only go on my kneels, bow down my head
And say thank you Lord for making me who I am today 
You gave me a reason to sing and rejoice this day


© Akan Udofia E.

No comments:

Post a Comment