Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Monday, April 28, 2014

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO GO?



I thought of a million reasons why you had to go
At a time when we were just getting along, you left my heart a hole
I thought of all the dreams we both shared
The comfort I feel anytime you are around
This is so wrong, you don't deserve this
How on earth am I supposed to let go the feelings?
The love, companionship, support and advice
Together we've worked hard in fulfilling our dreams
How can we lose you, a hero, and a brother to many?
A virtue that can never be refilled in lives of many
Thoughts of this is so confusing thinking about your departure
Damn, I am going to miss you greatly in the future
You don't have to get worried you aren't here to take care of me
I am aware that you're going to miss me
That you regret to put me through so such pain
I know you're sorry you were unable to say goodbye before it rain
I am glad you're in a better place now that we are far apart
A place where you don't have to hustle anymore
A place where there is no pain, regrets, disappointment and suffering
But with God in His heavenly abode rejoicing
Rest in peace our beloved brother

© Akan Udofia E.

No comments:

Post a Comment