Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I GOT YOUR LETTER YESTERDAY






I am entangled with doubts of my feelings
I had plans we took a flight through life valley
With scene shots of two birds kissing on the bridge
I couldn't take a decision without thoughts of you
The sky couldn't smile the rest of the day without you
The night's quiet and jilted of her beauty
I stood and gazed wild into the world
I couldn't find a trace of the stars above my head
What i have left are memories, wishes and dreams
For days i couldn't take a trip back to Lagos
Unconsciously i have lost the zest and appetite for life as such
I am blindfolded in my heart for that one love i cherish
With tears in my eyes i read soberly between the lines
She tells me you were sorry and had to fly away
But you took the key to my heart and left the door wide open yesterday
My heart is left ajar; i am fragile and vulnerable without you
She told me you missed the kisses and the warmth at night
But you've left me in the cold all through the night
I can’t fight these feelings anymore as much did i yesterday
I went on errands and fetch you my heart hoping you'll stay
Everything i believed in is no longer thoughts of yesterday
I wished i was good enough for you today
And wished i never got your letter yesterday 



© Akan Udofia E.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment