Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Thursday, December 5, 2013

HAVE YOU SEEN HER?
















As I was walking down the street
I heard a whispering sound
It was feeble that I could barely understand
I felt by instinct that it whispers to me
That she is around nearby
I horridly looked back
Hoping I will catch sight of her at a glance
But did not because it was just a mere imagination

I behold her face everyplace
She is always in my mind and my dreams
But where could she be?
Because I need her so close clenching me tightly
That I can feel the warmth of her bosom
A sensation that will remain in my memory for years
Her smile is gentle as the sea when it is dawn
As I am entrapped in my thoughts

I woke up but realized I was caught up in an eclipse
Would I behold her that I have dreamt this much of
Because it hurts so much
I imagined how delighted it would be
If only I can catch a glimpse of her 
And feel the warmth of her body
Kiss her pretty lips to assert 
How much I would love to be with her

My wounded heart has not to be healed
I have been having nightmares
And am afraid I might drench in this misery
If I do not find her soon, I will not be sane
I do not care how much it may cost me
I beget to find her so badly, to seize me
From this misery and put back life in me
And render my world a reality

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment