Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

WHEN I WAS A LITTLE BOY


When i was a little boy, mom used to tell me stories in the bible
We spend the whole Sundays in church; I remember the beauty of Sunday schools
I was taught everything i knew today when i was growing up
At my youth, i knew what it means to be kind and forgiven
I learnt to pray and spend more quiet time with God when i felt lonely
As kids i used to play a lot, do crazy things
I wasn't scared of anything because i knew have God's angels watching over me
I am now a grown man; I am who i have become today
Because i had a mom who understands and taught me the word of God
Today i have learnt to be patient and lend a helping hand to a stranger in need
I can proudly look at my life today and say am blessed and fulfilled
Over time i have learnt that we've got one person that a man can depend on
He is so faithful, passionate and understands our needs
He is the only one that can change the hands of men
Through him we can achieve unimaginable success in whatever we do
He gives us peace of mind, and takes care of our future
Jesus is so meek and gentle; he suffered for you and I
So we can find refuge when we call on his name
Today i can lift my hands up high and sing praises to the most high
Because without him i would never had come close to who i am today
He walks in front of me any time i go out and take me back home safely
I have only one wish, that's to always keep to my heart
The teachings and love i got from God and my mom
And the things they both taught me that made me who i am today

No comments:

Post a Comment