Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

I HAD A VISION




I had a vision that mankind will climb higher in his endeavors
A heart of a mansion that Nigerians will be ruled by a just man

I had a vision that someday there will be change
A drastic change that no man can influence

I had a vision that everyman will go back home
To the life we once had, filled with good memories and hope

I had a vision that our economy will be the best in Africa
I had a vision that every child will enjoy good health care
Every girl child will have provisions to education

I had a vision that the pains Nigerian's once had
Will be taken away and smile restored back in our lives

I had a vision that the war we once fought
Will be won due to love, unity, peace and long suffering

I had a vision that many Nigerians will see no reason to want to travel abroad
There will be so much wealth, businesses will prosper and there will be creation of jobs

I had a vision that the labor of our heroes past
Will be justified by everyman's will is right to fight

I had a vision that our rail system will work again
And someday our electricity will be restored

I had a vision that injustice will no longer be tolerated
That the cost of living will be stabilized
And every woman will find her man

I had a vision that there will be reconstruction of the roads
Disease and sickness eradicated from our homes
Agriculture will be fruitful, animals healthier

I had a vision that a man will walk out late at night with ease
That the police will curb the crimes with sincerity

I had a vision of a time when we will walk in the rain and not get wet
That we will all live in a perfect world where there will be no regret

A world where our common interest will be protected
A world where there will be no negative stories told
Stories of death, cruelty and sadness




© Akan Udofia E.     

No comments:

Post a Comment