Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Friday, May 2, 2014

LAST NIGHT I HEARD AN ANGEL SING




Last night I heard an angel sing
The melody of the song touched my heart and it got blown away
Her voice was calm like the sea at dawn
Wind couldn't resist whistling the tone as they sing along
I saw the star smiling at her like they were gratefully revived
The world around me became anew
At first it seems I was having a dream
But I feel the pulses of her voice sank into my heart
The evening was friendly; she took me for a walk
She sang all through the night, for sleep I denied the pleasure
I couldn't allow him to take such a special moment away from me

I wished I could write down the lyrics and sing them to my heart today
What a beautiful memory to behold an angel sings each day
I once heard that one can sing like an angel
But the voice I heard last night was out of this world
Have you ever heard an angel sing from heaven?
I beholden a voice that has never been heard before
Wished I could take a long drive to heaven
And spend the rest of my life listening to an angel sing
What a beautiful experience that would last a lifetime



© Akan Udofia E.

No comments:

Post a Comment