Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Friday, May 16, 2014

YOU TOOK ME FOR A FOOL





All I did was to love you as you deserved
I introduced you to my home and took you out
I never get angry at you because my love for you can't be out of date
On rainy days I held the umbrella for you
I was ready to go extreme to ensure a smile never extinct in you
Check up on you every second, I became a baby sitter spending all my time with you
When I caught you dating someone else, I forgave you
I tried to be the man for you by being there for you
But it seems I have never been good enough for you

You took my love for granted; you keep playing me for a fool
You told me I was too nice to you and that’s too good to be true
Soon you started having odd excuses, and stopped calling me on the phone
When I came across you, you promised to give me a call at home
For days I barely hear from you, but I didn't care
I still wanted to be with you, but you keep taking me for a fool

I might be blind with love for you, but in my heart I keep seeing you
I let my heart fall in love with you, and you let my feelings fly free
My thoughts of you is still good, but you keep walking away from me
I hope you've found what you are looking for
For I have found someone new
She's like the morning dew
Her love moistened my heart and make me feel brand new
Unlike the days you played me, she makes my world beautiful
She touch my heart with her kiss of roses
She treats me nice and doesn't take me for a fool


© Akan Udofia E.

No comments:

Post a Comment