Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

BY THE RIVER BANK

 


I was running down the river bank
I saw a damsel walking by a mile
She was holding something like a beacon
I could swear she was wearing a smile
I paused for my heart urge me to approach her
I was startled for it's just a moment I met her

The wind whisper something to my ear
Like I would be losing someone irreplaceable and rare
So I lower my guard and embraced her
Held her close to my bosom and kissed her
The sea was calm and the sun smiling
It felt shy for I wasn't sure what I was doing

I went back home unconsciously with a piece of her unbroken
I thought as I slept off, at dawn it would have all been forgotten
But the morning never came calling
For I saw her again in the star smiling
I could feel the pulses that I wasn't out of my mind

So I gave up my feelings not to be lonely anymore for her beauty is divine
I couldn't have gotten her if I had gave up my soul
I let love take its course and my body and mind became whole
I couldn't take my feelings away from the cabin where my heart berth
So it wouldn't drift away, for I have found love so real and right
From a damsel I meet by the river bank

© Akan Udofia E.     

No comments:

Post a Comment