Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Monday, February 8, 2016

DEAR STEPHANIE

Dedicated to Stephanie with love from your brother... Amoak Abd Derrick







Of all the good memories I have had

Nothing comes close to our childhood

The tenderness of your love taught me how to care

I was selfish as a child, now a man with a heart the world to share



You where dad’s favorites

In no time you also became mom’s favorite

Always trying to beat me on our way back from school

Your pretty little smile tells so much about you



I think you were born the same day God gave birth to the sun

Must be the reason why at home I feel like the last born

Besides being pretty, you knew how to make my worries fly

Got me out of trouble, I was too weak to tell a lie



Sometime when you pretend you don’t care

It get scared when I get teased by my friends

We were perfect together, everyone could tell

My sister, my best friend, for you I will always be there



In Tamale, I am as proud to be a brother of a princess

Everyone we knew seem to fall in love with you

Oh Stephanie, I am glad we spent a good time together

Wish you the best of life and hope someday you fulfill your dreams




All right reserved © Akan E. Udofia 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment