Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Thursday, February 25, 2016

ONLY FOOLS FALL IN LOVE

#Valentine #Love #AkanUdofia
A request Dedicated to Mellisa from the depth of my heart @Pascal Onyango




Life is difficult living our dreams
Yet it's thrown away for a complete stranger
A woman writes her wishes in her heart
Blessed it with love, tenderness and a prayer

Why do we seek so much for love?
Yet it caused us pain and sorrow
Sometimes I spend the whole night thinking
All the reasons I should never fall in love

But I feel like a fool whenever I see your face
It's like you caught me sitting under the stars
Time fades away like a shredded piece of paper
Each carrying memories of thought of you

Oh, what's so wrong with me?
How can I allow myself love you so blindly?
I keep losing my mind in my sleep
My feelings for you is running deep

It's alright; it was never your fault
I was selfish; I was a fool scared of falling in love
But began to see life clearer and appreciate her better
The day you wrote your name in the pages of my heart

 All right reserved © Akan E. Udofia 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment