Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Sunday, February 14, 2016

THE HEART OF A FRIEND

#Valentine #Poems #AkanUdofia
Dedicated to Norbert by Gloria Taylor

You've got the heart of a friend
So huge it can accommodate the world
You could be a thousand miles away
But warm thoughts is in my heart to stay

It never get lonely out here in the cold
I know where ever you are, got my hand to hold
Your smile lite up the whole universe
At night, it stays up the sky as stars

I could never get lost as long i've you
You made the world I grew up to knew
Amazing and exceptionally beautiful
Can't stop the helplessness of being fond of you

A friend they say stick with you forever
No wonder when I am ill, just thinking of you makes me get better
Thank you for walking in my life
You made me feel young like I am still five

All Rights Reserved © Akan E. Udofia

No comments:

Post a Comment