Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Thursday, February 18, 2016

TELL ME YOUR DREAM

#Valentine #Poem #Akan #Udofia






While the evening breeze lay on your bed
Mind clouded, thoughts flying free
The moon peeping through your window
The night whispering in your sleep

Is it about me you are dreaming?
How the stars stayed up forever in your heart
A rainy day it was and my heart getting cold
That’s when I fell unconsciously in love with you

Did you notice the way you make me smile?
How you make me happy when I am feeling sad
And all the memories you painted in the sky
It struck me right there that you are my kind of guy

I don’t ever want to leave your side
Tell me how excited I am in your dream
Was I a queen or a princess locked away in a castle?
For all that’s worth, whenever I am lonely

I would want you to be one  to come rescue me
Take me to live with you where your heart reside
For where ever the world takes you
That’s where I want to be 

All right reserved © Akan E. Udofia 2016 



No comments:

Post a Comment