Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

LAST NIGHT AT THE CLUB




Last night at the club, the DJ played my song
An emotion once dark came back to life
The lyrics made my heart beat faster
I was completely out of this world
The heart, mind, body and soul became one
Dancing away feelings conjured of a long and hectic day

Maybe God spoke to the DJ on my behalf
I was carrying in me the sadness of a broken heart
I was clinging to the burden of the world on my shoulder
But the track played sink deep down into my heart
And I was all over the dance floor with a relief and smile
For it reminds me to be sober and not resentful inside

Music is a pill the heart needs when it grieves
It cools the body and takes her misery away
It calm the nerves so problems wouldn't weigh down a determined heart
I am glad the DJ played a graceful song last night
Tonight there would be no worries any more

For all the negative feelings in my heart are but no more


© Akan Udofia E. July 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment