Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

WHEN I DIE




I wouldn't blame the government for abandoning me
I wouldn't blame the society for betraying me
I will not judge you for not believing in me
I will not blame you for breaking your promises
As I journey into God's hand, know that I have forgiven you
I truly understood the burden you had to carry and the reason too
I am going to miss the world, friends and neighbors
I regret not able to impact the lives suffering on the street in stance
I regret for I would no longer be around to hug you as did in the past
The sun is still shining on us all; I hope you see the direction of light
Don't let the struggle of our heroes past and present be in vain
For we all going to path ways someday and leave memories of our lives cropped behind
I had a good life; angels are so anxious my hands to hold
As I am anxious to hold yours in heaven above someday
Please don't beat yourself up but promise me this day
You will live a better life than did you yesterday
That you will not clot your heart and die in dismay


© Akan Udofia E July 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment