Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Thursday, July 3, 2014

I TRIED




I tried but life's keep getting out of hand
I tried but the burden of the world keeps weighing me down
I tried but everything fought for can't be found
I tried but all my effort's going down the drain every time
I tried but still the sky is getting out of reach
I tried but couldn't find comfort when the spirit is weak

I tried but something keep pulling me down from achieving my dream
I tried but can't find someone to accept me unconditionally
I tried but everything I love is falling apart
I tried but can’t stop the storms in my life
I tried but the pain aren't going away 
I tried to make the world a better place for you and me

I tried to paint the world with love, hope and humility
I tried to make it rain so the blind can see
I tried but everything I worked hard for is falling apart
I tried; I swear I tried everything a man could think off
I tried so hard but the world didn't appreciate me
I tried to leave a smile maybe someday someone will remember me

© Akan Udofia E. July 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment