Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

I CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY



You may hurt me but you can't break my pride
Disappointments in life can't make me sad
You may take my heart for granted, it wouldn't make me cry
My feelings are unlock and running free inside

I have been given a heart to love the world
Nightfall can't hid the joy written on the wall
If I can't find love in this world, it wouldn't discourage me
In the dark still I will lit a smile to a heart found before me

I have decided to be content if the world doesn't accept me
For I've got something that's so special in me
God made me beautiful; no one can make me think otherwise
If tonight the world stumbled and fall, in the morning I will rise

Like a bird I will soar higher and fly
You may break my heart, but can't wipe away my smile
For I have a heart destined to be happy
The pains I go through only last for a while

Hatred and jealousy wouldn't make me flinch
I've got a heart of gold not hoarding the world to clinch
Don't bother trying to stop the stars from shining
It's long ago I promise not to compromise my feeling

Like a waterfall, in my mind forever happiness will flow
I can't help it if you see me smiling where ever I go
It's all I have got, for God promised me fullness of joy
I just can't lie down and let it withered away like once did before

Walk with me; let the world know there is hope in a smile
We need a world purged of insanity, selfishness and lie
If you and I today decides in our heart to carry a smile
The world will be a better place for your children and mine


© Akan Udofia E. July 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment